Saturday 24 March 2012

Rainbow Scrappy Saturday, yarn and a bunny

Good afternoon from sunny north Scotland.   Unusual weather for this time of year but I’m not complaining. 

I’ve not done a lot of stitching this past week as I’ve been called by fabric’s rival yarn to join in with  Sucrette’s Granny Poncho CAL.

It’s taken me all week to figure out colours and positions of them and I’ve had a couple of false starts and pull outs…

Anyhoo!  Here is the one pink thing I sewed up this week… a pink Dear Jane block.

g-3G-3 Four Leaf Clover

BUT!  I do have one pink finished quilt which hasn’t yet been shown as finished.   I finished her way back in January but forgot to post a picture to my blog. 

Chawton Cottage Jan 12 RED  Chawton Cottage design by Tilde 

I love this little quilt and she sits on my coffee table so I can see her every day.   Thank you Tilde for the great pattern and the charm pack to make her using Jane Austen collection of Inklingo.  I hand stitched the pieced diamonds while at my mum’s so there is a memory of that time in this quilt.

Now I wonder if you’re wondering about the diversion to yarn?  I have pictures.  Do you want to see?  Well if you do then here they are ;)

Sucrettes Poncho CAL YarnMy yarn.  King Cole Merino Blend DK 100% wool…. anti tickle ;)

My DD helped me sort out the colour order and I think I’m now happy with it.  Here is a picture of the first few rows:

Sucrettes Poncho CAL beginning few rounds

That’s all for now, however, I can’t leave this post without a picture of Biscuit my oldest bunny who is nearly 11 years old (this July) but has been a little off his food.  He was at the vet yesterday and has medication to hopefully get him eating properly again. However, if this doesn’t work then I’ll have to take him back.  He may need a dental but the vet is reluctant because of his age.  He did look at his teeth but couldn’t see too much that may be bothering bunny though there were a couple of small spurs.  Fingers crossed he’ll start eating.

BiscuitBiscuit Bun   

Well that’s me for today.  Now should I sew, crochet or go out and do a tiny bit of gardening?  Hmmm…  Maybe I’ll have another coffee while I think about it ;)

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.

Quilty Hugs

Ellyx

11 comments:

  1. My goodness. An 11 year of bunny. Didn't know they lived that long. He looks so sweet.
    Nice pink Dear Jane block and awesome pink table topper!
    Lovely yarns :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Biscuit is so cute! Love the puffy cheeks. I hope he's back to feeling fine soon. I was thinking about getting the Dear Jane project out and getting things organized so I can make some progress. Your little block is just the ticket to spur me on. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biscuit is a cutie pie - I hope he starts eating again soon. Have fun with your crochet and enjoy the sunshine!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure hope Biscuit gets better soon! Your pink projects are so cute, love the Chawton Cottage! Have fun crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking DJ block. Super cute in pink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bunny looks so sweet - sure hope he gets better soon! He has a lot of work to do at Easter, doesn't he? Love your pink quilt with the diamonds - really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Chawton Cottage quilt is beautiful! Lovely to have such memories stitched into a pretty quilt like that.
    I do hope that Biscuit is better soon and starts eating. I know what a worry this kind of thing can be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many lovely pictures, I especially like your Chawton Cottage. Dear Jane intrigues me, however I don't see myself taking on such intricate work. Biscuit is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh dear... wrote a comment and when I clicked on "publish" it dissapeared! Does this ever happen to anyone else? So frustrating.
    Thanks for all the eye-candy, Elly. Your colors and designs are an inspiration! Good luck with the CAL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I do hope Biscuit Bun is doing better! Sweet baby!
    Love those yarns and that darling little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your little diamond quilt and the Dear Jane block. Your yarn colors are pretty. I hope the buny is better.

    ReplyDelete