Wednesday 2 July 2008

PROJECT LINUS FINISH

After a very long lounge around in my ufos I finally finished this small project Linus quilt today!!
The top is constructed entirely from half square triangles in flannel fabric. Not a lot of fun to work with. A friend had bought the fabric and made the half square tris but hadn't known what else to do with them and was going to fling them.
I 'rescued' them saying I'd make it up. That must have been at least 3 years ago!!!
The backing is a cotton and I brought it to the front for binding.
Entirely machine pieced and quilted and bound, except for the mitred corners which I hand stitched. So glad it's finally done.

2 comments:

  1. A very nice finish!!! Love your blog!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great save! The quilt will be loved by its new owner. I like to rescue fabric, too. VBG

    ReplyDelete