Sunday 28 June 2009

Holiday to Spain to visit Mum

Sorry folks it's been awhile since I last posted anything. Here is a picture of me and my mum sat on a wall adjacent to the beach at Fuengirola on the Costa Del Sol in Spain... (do I really look that big?? surely the camera lies!!)
My mum is 77 (78 in October) and is looking really well in this picture.




I saw these pretty houses in my mum's town that I just had to have a picture of with thoughts of making a quilt one day, LOL. Pity the wall, road sign and lamp post got in the way.. very inconsiderate of them. There's another pale blue house on the left out of this shot.


Here's a 'breakfastcumlunch' Neil was eating when we went out one midday for eats. Snails!! ickity ick!! I'm sorry but I know you shouldn't judge something without first trying them but I draw the line at this things!! Neil enjoyed them (least wise he enjoyed making me squirm) I had a rather large plate of potatoes and chorizo which was lovely but way to much. I got help from Neil and my mum to finish it. DOH! should of taken a picture of it... oh well I'll make it one day especially to take a picture :)




Here's a picture of a traditional Spanish breakfast. Churros and coffee... the pastries in the background were yummy too. Do you see the sugar
shaker? Well I bought it at a hypermarket thinking it was for pouring salad dressing.... DUH!! if only I'd read the label :)) anyhow it did well with sugar.
Well that's it for now... I will decide on some pictures to post later. Nothing much in the sewing line though I did work on something while I was away but never finished anything to post a picture of. I hope to soon :))







9 comments:

  1. I thought you'd fallen off the face of the earth, but no looks like you were in paradise! Lovely houses, gross snails and I wish I had a Churro right now...yummy!

    You and your Mom both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful trip and pics. I'm with you on the snails though! Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pstufft... Pstufft...

    That's me, spitting... thinking of those snails! Want me to make the gagging noises, too?!?!?

    LOL

    LOVE... JUST LOVED!!!! the pics!!! You and your Mom look like sisters!

    Tks for the update and pics, Elly!

    Rosa
    Foglized: I thought it was rather foggy, out there, till I foglized my glasses. LOL

    That was the "code" word I needed to type in. *still laughing*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that photo of the colored houses. It will make a wonderful quilt! Enjoy your time with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those marvelous painted houses against that incredible blue sky are fabulous -- what a great quilt that could turn into!
    Oooh -- snails. I love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the story with the sugar shaker ,-))
    Your mom is really looking good! I would have given her 60+!!
    Hugs
    Roswitha

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh, you and your Mom look great! I'd have never guessed 70+ for your Mum.
    Snails? Yuck... couldn't even stand to look at 'em! ARen't we all funny about our food?!
    The house pic is wonderful -- great idea for quilt.
    So glad you are safely home... we all missed you lots!
    Hugs,
    Cyn;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed the pics! Sounds like a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete