Saturday 2 October 2010

Update on my trip to La Linea

Slowly getting back into the swing of things and finally taken organized my photos onto the computer :)

While in La Linea I met up with a wonderful group of ladies a picture of whom you  can see in my iPod post here:-http://ellydspatchwork.blogspot.com/2010/09/some-photos.html 

I came to know of these ladies from their blog Nuestras Meriniendas Y Manulidades   and when I learned they lived in my mum’s home town and I was going to visit my mum I contacted Mayte to arrange a meet up for coffee.

Little did I know at the time that she was going to whisk me off to meet all the wonderful ladies of her group.  What a fabulous time I had.  I felt like a celebrity and was dumb struck when I was presented with some wonderful gifts. 

P9150062

 From Caty

Here is the most beautiful hand dyed and painted silk scarf from Caty.

P9150058

 From Maria Angeles

Here is the fabulous crossed stitched pinkeeper made by Mari Angeles.

P9150057

From MelyHere are the very cute sea creatures made by Mely (who’s beautiful house we are in)

P9150060

From A

 

  

    From Mayte

From B

Above is me fanning myself with the hand painted Spanish fan…  I  really needed to use it too :)  It was so hot!

Then the cutest of broaches, a felt Spanish lady and last but not least a lottery ticket from Mayte.

What a whirl wind afternoon.  I returned home to my mum’s 4 hours later to discover her worried and about to call the police.  But my nonchalant husband said he’d have started to worry only if I hadn’t returned home at all that evening. LOL…

Muchas gracias amigas para un tiempo muy feliz!!  Besitos,

Ellyx

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh Elly!

    Isn't fun to be spoiled, every now and then?!?!?

    *VBG*

    I'm soooooo happy for you - what a wonderful surprise, eh? *grinning a lot, here*

    Rosa
    Clethri - Sorry, couldn't think of anthing! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Elly!
    You had such a grand time. I am so happy for your surprise.
    Hugs Sweetie,
    Frummie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Elly, fuimos muy afortunadas al tenerte por unas horas en nuestras reuniones, has hecho una entrada muy bonita de nuestro encuentro, ya te he enviado los nombres espero que te sirvan. Gracias amiga.Besos Mely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Elly, your pictures say it all... How amazing to be met by such kindred spirits.
    :)
    I am really happy for you, and your treasures look amazing. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful trip & a beautiful day. How exciting to actually meet some of your Internet Buds inperson! Fantastic. Couldn't happen to a nicer person.
    Hugs,
    /;-)

    ReplyDelete