Tuesday 14 February 2012

Rainbow Scrappy Report

This month's colour for the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge is green.  Now although green is not my favourite colour I seem to have quite a few scraps in green.  

I finally caught up with the Disappearing 4 Patch blocks that I'm making for this challenge.  So far I've made 4 each of Red and Green blocks.  Here they are:

I still have loads of green scraps though.   I'm going to make a couple of little house blocks in green but that will hardly tickle the scraps so I'm going to have to think up something else to do with them.   Preferably something that can use up smaller pieces.   I would like a green mug rug for March so maybe I can work on one.   Anyone any ideas??

If you'd like to see what everyone else is doing with their green scraps then pop on over to Soscrappy's blog post  here.

Happy Stitching!
Ellyx


12 comments:

  1. Looking great. When in doubt, I like to look at my scraps and see what they would most like to be. Strips for string blocks, squares for nine patches triangles for geese and random crumbs for all the rest. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that disappearing 4-patch! I WILL be making one of those - eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooh.... I'm "green" with envy!

    LOL

    LOVE the blocks!!!!

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love D4P blocks. Maybe some green little houses?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are looking good. I have so much green.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a good idea to make different colour blocks all from one pattern. That way it will make a beautiful quilt by the end of the year.
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice blocks! Can't wait to see you add more colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look great!! Good luck deciding what to make with the rest of your scraps...

    ReplyDelete
  10. When in doubt make string blocks. They can always be sub-cut up into something else later, or left as string piecing. Can you tell... I love strings!
    Your D4P blocks are wunnerful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are looking good! Kind of Christmassy (like mine, lol) but wait til we add next month's color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Disappearing Four Patch - what a classy block!

    ReplyDelete