Sunday 10 February 2013

Rainbow Scrappy Challenge

I’m late as usual!  Getting to be a habit this.   Anyway, I managed to just finish my purple block for February’s RSC and thought I’d slide in with a quick post.

Rainbow Scrappy Challenge Feb 2013 Purple

Here is my purple Boxed-In block.   It’s amazing the range that purple has.   I have also cut the bricks for the little rail fence blocks.   Also, I think I have a plan for them.  I was thinking of using them as a border for the Boxed-In project.  That’s the current thinking anyway, LOL.

I also have another little purple thing going on which I hope to finish to show before the end of the month. 

But now I must get down to my purple Dear Jane block of the week!!

If you’d like to see what others have done with their purple scraps this week then visit Soscrappy’s blog here.

Have a good weekend,

Hugs

Ellyx

11 comments:

  1. I love your box in block, that inner white border sets it all off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty block! Love how the white sets it off. Looking forward to seeing the purple project later this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Boxed In Block. This is going to be one that I "borrow" sometime ... thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great block, Elly! The white sure gets the colors to pop. YOur idea of railfence with it sounds intriguing... can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I'm jealous, I didn't get to work on mine yet. I love your block and I'll be making mine sometime this week. I'm finishing up a birthday quilt for my oldest granddaughter and it had priority. Once this one is out of the way, I'll be free for two whole months! I'll be playing catch up on all the blocks I've put off, this will be the first one! Yours looks great. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this block. Your border idea sounds like fun. I just finished my last purple Dear Jane! Looking forward to seeing yours. You are right about the range of purple. So much variety.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous block and I can't wait to see your purple DJ block!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your boxed-in block is really fun - love all the different purples :*)

    ReplyDelete
  9. NICE boxed-in block. So many pretty purple fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty purple block Elly. Looking forward to seeing more or your purple projects.

    ReplyDelete