I finally got my green Mug Rug completed and I’ve put away my green scraps and fished out my Pink ones :) I hope to make 4 D4P blocks and a pink house this month.. Also, I have a repair/operation to perform on DDs pink teddy which she’s had since she was 2! She is made out of a shell type synthetic fabric (remember those shell suits that were all the rage way back in the 80s/90s) well it’s made of that type of fabric. Teddy was DDs security toy… couldn’t go to sleep without it…. up until very recently and she’s 22 now! LOL…
Anyway, she has requested me to fix teddy…. Wait until I get a picture of her and you’ll see the task at hand… I’ll keep that for Saturday.
Meanwhile, here is a picture of the finished mug rug. It is double sided.
The front I designed using EQ7 and I used the pieced shamrock block at 4 inch finish. If you’d like the EQ file don’t be shy, just ask ;)
The back is an adaption of a tutorial I saw on Missouri Quilts on YT. Thank you to Connie for the link. I say adaption since I used 1.5inch strips cut from my green scraps. It was a very fun technique that I’d like to repeat one day.
It measures approx. 15inches by 9inches. I used a decorative stitch on my Bernina and a variegated green Aurifil 40/2 (#4653) to do a simple cross hatch machine quilting.
To finish I’d like to show you a couple of pictures of Princess Penelope after I had groomed her the other day.
She does have ears, they are behind her head dress. :) She is such a petted bun!!
Now I just have to wait for the Internet to stop playing silly beggars so I can publish this post ;)