Wednesday 29 June 2011

Tilde’s Summer scrap challenge

Way back in the summer of 2008 I took up a challenge by Tilde to make a project using scraps from my scrap bag.   I made the little double four patch blocks and that’s as far as I got with them and they were put to one side, well the bottom of my WIP drawer to be exact.

Then when Soscrappy set the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge in January this year and it came to February who’s colour was ‘red’, I pulled out this little WIP (which also happened to be red) and thought I’d try get it finished.   See post here:

 http://ellydspatchwork.blogspot.com/2011/02/scrappy-saturday-report_19.html

Well this last weekend I finally completed it :)) And here it is.

Scrappy Summer Hearts June 2011 R QI’m really pleased with how it turned out especially the curved borders which, for me, was a first.  I have a combination of simple machine and hand quilting on it.

I also have completed my yellow Rainbow Scrappy block but I’ll keep that for another day ;)

Happy Stitching :)

Ellyx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Elly,
    this one is a beauty, I like the border it looks very nice on that quilt.
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely! What a great job. I admire the border work - that's not easy! And what about the lovely heart quilting, too. Just absolutely beautiful. A real treasure. Congratulations and thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elly!!!! A UFO that's no longer a UFO!!!!

    KUDOS!!!!

    Love the quilt, BTW!!!!

    *grin*

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love this darling little quilt and... scallops, too? Wowzer. Impressive.

    ReplyDelete